Find twenty fantastic facts about Harry Potter
1. When was Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone first published?
2. How many words does Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone contain?
3. Which chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is J.K. Rowling’s favourite?
4. Can you guess, to the nearest ten, how many languages Harry Potter has been translated into?
5. Who was Nicolas Flamel?
6. Do the names of the Hogwarts houses change when the books are translated?
7. On which date does term begin at Hogwarts?
8. Did the school subjects always have the same names in J.K. Rowling’s early notes?
9. How many times does the name Harry Potter appear in the first book?
10. How many times does the name Lord Voldemort appear in the first book?
11. Where does the name Voldemort come from?
12. The US version of the first Harry Potter book was published under what title?
13. What is Harry’s first word in the book?
14. Which spell incantations appear in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone?
15. What is the Hogwarts motto?
16. What is special about 31 October 1991?
17. On the twentieth anniversary of the first book, if all the Harry Potter books ever sold had been placed end to end, how many times would they have gone around the equator?
18. In early drafts of the first book, did Draco Malfoy have a different surname?
19. When is Fred and George Weasley’s birthday?
20. What is special about the knocker at the entrance to the headmaster’s office at Hogwarts?
You might not know the answers to many of these questions, but we bet you want to find out!